Vermicelli noodles are a type of noodle made in South Asian countries known as Savaiya in the Indian subcontinent. Vermicelli is made up of whole wheat flour readily available at grocery stores. Many households made it at home with the help of Vermicelli machine or by merely stretching the wheat dough with hands.
Vermicelli is cooked in many ways as a dessert which is a combination of vermicelli, milk, and sugar or Upma which is prepared same as semolina Upma and also as Noodles which is our recipe.
Vermicelli Noodle Recipe is a very healthy recipe for breakfast which is cooked same as Hakka noodles with an Indian touch. The vegetable combination can be changed according to your taste.
Below Is A List Of Ingredients of Vermicelli Noodles Recipe:
- 1 Cup Vermicelli (Semiya)
- 2 Tbsp Oil (Any Preferred Oil)
- ½ Cup Peanuts (Mumphali)
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds (Sarso Dane)
- 1 Tsp Asafetida (Hing)
- 6 to 7 Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)
- 1 Small Sized Onion (Pyaz)
- 2 to 3 Green Chilies (Hari Mirch)
- 1 Large Sized Potato (Aloo)
- Some Carrot Jullians (Lamba Kata Hua Gajar)
- Some Green Beans (Pulav Beans)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Cilantro Leaves (Hara Dhaniya)
- Salt To Taste
Please Follow The Below Mentioned Steps To Make Healthy Vermicelli Noodles:
- Take a skillet pan and add 1 cup of vermicelli; roast vermicelli nicely on low flame. Keep it aside.
- Add one tsp of oil (any preferred oil), let it get hot and add ½ cup of peanuts. Roast the peanuts well. Take out the peanuts in a bowl and keep it aside to let it cool thoroughly.
- Add one tbsp of oil (any preferred oil); let it get hot and add one tsp of mustard seeds, sauté it for a minute to crackle.
- Add one tsp of asafetida; sauté it to give a pleasant aroma to oil and add 6 to 7 fresh curry leaves. Sauté it well in oil.
- Add one finely chopped small sized onion; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes and add 2 to 3 finely chopped green chilies. Sauté it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add one large sized boiled potato slices; sauté it for 3 to 4 minutes and add carrot Julians, chopped green beans, stir for 3 to 4 minutes. Till now all veggies are cooked very well.
- Add one tsp of red chili powder, one tsp of garam masala powder, and some salt to taste; mix the spices with the veggies and add roasted vermicelli. Mix well.
- Add two cups of water; mix it well and simmer it for 5 minutes with closed lid.
- Open the lid and you will get perfectly cooked Vermicelli Noodles. Garnish it with some finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
- Bon Appétit!
Video Recipe For Vermicelli Noodles