Tomato and Onion Raita is a condiment recipe which best compliments veg or non-veg Biryani, Pulav, Masala Rice, Khichadi, and even with any stuffed Paratha. This is a dish which will bring pleasure to your taste buds with it hot, sour, and earthy taste because of the great combination of ingredients and simple spices.
Tomato and Onion Raita have a creamy texture which can reduce the spiciness of Biryani and the yogurt which is an important ingredient will aid in proper digestion. It is advisable to consume at least one dish made with yogurt when one is enjoying the heavy meal; the practice is useful for the proper digestion of the food.
Tomato and Onion Raita also is a dish containing all nutrients like protein, vitamins, and minerals; thanks to the ingredients. Tomato and Onion Raita does not take much effort to prepare; you need to cut the vegetables and mix them with yogurt with some spices.
A steamy hot Biryani and a lovely cold Tomato and Onion Raita is a heavenly combination; you can’t resist overeating.
There is a variety of Raita which can be made with different ingredients giving different tastes and experience. You can find the other Raita recipe on my blog. Let us check out the easy and quick Tomato Onion Raita recipe.
Let Us Make The List Of Ingredients Required To Make Delicious Tomato Onion Raita
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- 1 ½ Tbsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- 1 To 2 Chopped Green Chili (Kati Hui Hari Mirch)
- ¼ Cup Deseeded & Chopped Tomato (Kata Hua Tamatar Bina Bij Ke)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Onion (Kata Hua Pyaz)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Coriander (Kata Hua Hara Dhaniya)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Mint (Kata Hua Pudina)
- Salt To Taste
Have A Look At The Recipe Steps Of Delicious Tomato Onion Raita
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add one cup of yogurt, water as per requirement and consistency, one tsp of cumin seeds, salt to taste, and one tsp of black pepper powder. Whisk well.
- Add one to two chopped green chilies, ¼ cup of chopped and deseeded tomato, ¼ cup of chopped and water soaked onion, ¼ cup of chopped coriander, and ¼ cup of chopped mint. Mix well.
- Put a thick-flat bottomed pan on a stove and let it get hot for roasting cumin seeds. Once pan gets hot; add one tbsp of cumin seeds and roast it well for 4 to 5 minutes with continuous stirring for the seeds should not get burnt.
- Make a fine powder of the cumin seeds with the help of food-processor; sprinkle it over the Raita for added taste and garnishing.
- You can also garnish the Onion Garlic Raita with some leaves of fresh coriander leaves. Serve tasty Tomato Onion Raita with any Biryani, Pulav, Paratha or as a side dish with the main course. Bon Appétit!