We have seen Bhindi Masala before. Today we will see how to make mouthwatering stuffed bhindi with some mild spices. Stuffing for bhindi changes in all regions of India depending on the traditional taste of that region.
Some give sweet flavor with jaggery, or some give tangy flavor by adding tamarind pulp or lime water. You can add some groundnut powder with spices to stuff okra. Garnishing can be done with cilantro or with some grated coconut also.
Bhindi or Okra is all time favorite of kids, and it is easy to make too. It is such a Tiffin friendly veggie. Stuffed bhindi is recipe cooked using some spices to fill okra giving a stir-fry. Rich in dietary fiber and
vitamins; Okra plant is found in regions of South Asia and West Africa. So its origin is also disputed. Okra can be served as lunch or dinner dish.
In case you have a busy schedule, you can ask for stuffed bhindi at any Indian restaurant with simple Dal and Jeera Rice. Paratha or naan also goes well with Stuffed Bhindi. Let’s check out today’s recipe of Stuffed Bhindi.
The required ingredient list for Stuffed Bhindi:
- 20 to 25 Okra (Bhindi)
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 Tablespoon Red Chili powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Mango Powder (Aamchoor)
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil (any oil as per preference)
- Salt to taste
Step to step procedure to make tasty Stuffed Bhindi:
- Cut the cap and end of Okra. Slit each okra in half. Keep slit okra aside.
- Take a bowl. Add one tablespoon of coriander powder, one tablespoon of red chili powder, one tablespoon of turmeric, one tablespoon of dry mango powder, one tablespoon of garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Stuff the slit okra with masala. Do the same with each okra.
- Take a skillet pan. Add one tablespoon of olive oil (or any oil as per preference. Let it get hot.
- Add stuffed okra. Shallow fry the okra. Close the lid. Keep stirring okra till it gets cooked.
- Stuffed okra is ready to serve.
Video Recipe For The Stuffed Bhindi