Sooji Halwa or Semolina Pudding is a well-liked recipe in South Asian countries made using semolina as the main ingredient in clarified butter and a lot of crushed dry fruits. Halwa Puri is famous street food in Pakistan and North India.
Sooji Halwa is served all over India with different names like ‘Sheera’ in Maharashtra, ‘Alvaa’ in Tamil Nadu; with a slight change in recipe known as ‘Kesari’ in Karnataka and also known as ‘Sweet Upma.’
In India, Sooji Halwa is cooked on festive occasions and is a ‘Bhog’ recipe prepared as ‘Bhog’ during Hindu Puja Rituals. Sooji Halwa is also consumed as a breakfast snack with Puri or Poha. Kids love this simple Sooji Halwa dessert with a crunch of dry fruits.
We have made Sooji Halwa using clarified butter, semolina, and dry fruits and simmered in water. If you wish, you can use a cup of milk along with water to simmer the semolina. Use of milk will give Sooji Halwa a creamy and rich texture. Taste of Sooji Halwa can be enhanced by adding some fruits like orange pulp or mashed banana according ones taste buds.
Let Us Quickly Check Out The Ingredients To Prepare The Tasty Sooji Halwa:
- 3 Tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 Cup Semolina (Sooji)
- ½ Cup Sugar (Chini)
- ¼ Cup Almond & Cashew (Badam Aur Kaju)
- 2 Tbsp Raisins (Manuka)
- Pistachio & Almond For Garnishing (Pista Aur Badam)
Let Us Have A Look At The Quick Recipe Of Sooji Halwa:
- Take a shallow bottom vessel; add three tbsp of clarified butter, let it melt properly and get semi-hot.
- Add one cup of semolina; roast the semolina for 5 to 6 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Add three cups of water and mix well; stir continuously so that no lumps should form.
- Add the half cup of sugar; mix well by stirring it continuously.
- Add ¼ cup of roughly chopped almonds and cashew nuts, two tbsp of raisins. Keep stirring continuously for some time.
- Once the halwa gets semi-solid consistency; it is ready to serve hot.
- Put some Sooji Halwa in a bowl and garnish it with some roughly chopped pistachios and almonds. Bon Appétit!
Video Recipe For Sooji Halwa