Shahi Paneer is very famous in Indian cuisine; it is a cottage cheese which is cooked with the Indian spices to give it a very royal taste. Shahi paneer is the very easy recipe to prepare, and you can add vegetables to it as per your choice.
Shahi paneer goes very well with rice, naan, parathas, and pooris. The aromatic shahi paneer is full of nutrients and paneer, or cottage cheese itself is having high protein contents. The pieces of paneer are fried (or some prefer not to fry) and then added to the tomato puree with Indian spices and masalas.
Let’s Check Out The Ingredients Of Delicious Shahi Paneer
- 400 Gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese )
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (Or as per your preference)
- 1 Medium Size Stick Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 7 to 8 Whole Black Pepper (Khadi Kali Mirch)
- 1 Black Cardamom (Badi Ilaychi)
- 1 Large Onion
- 10 – 12 Pcs Cashew Nuts
- 2 – 3 Medium Size Tomato
- 1 Tea Spoon Turmeric
- 1 Tea Spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1 Tea Spoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya)
- 1 Tea Spoon Cardamom Powder (Ilaychi )
- 1 Tea Spoon Garam Masala
- 2 Tea SpoonButter
- 4 to 5 Green Chillies Julians
- 5 to 10 Ginger Julians
- 1 Cup Fresh Heavy Cream
- Salt As Per Taste
- Kasuri Methi
- 2 Tea Spoon Coriander (Dhaniya) – For Garnishing
Complete Instructions To Make Delicious Shahi Paneer
- In a pan and add 2 Tsp. of olive oil (or any cooking oil as per your preference), when oil gets hot, add cinnamon stick, black pepper, black cardamom and sauté for a minute.
- Add coarsely chopped onions and fry it will till onions become translucent. Add cashew nuts and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- When properly done, add roughly chopped tomatoes, mix it well for 2 to 3 minutes. Then let it cook for another 2 to 3 minutes with the lid on.
- Open the lid and add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cardamom powder, garam masala and mix well and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the tomatoes loosened out and oil starts to oozing out from the corner, switch off the flame and let the content cool and make a ground paste of the whole content and keep aside.
- In another pan take 2 Tsp. of butter and few drops of olive oil to prevent burning. Add chilies Julian, ginger Julian in the pan and sauté for few minutes.
- Add the ground paste we have just prepared in the pan and cook it well till the oil starts oozing out from the corners of the pan. When properly done add a cup of fresh heavy cream and sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and kasuri methi and mix it well, followed by adding paneer cubes (cottage cheese) and keep frying for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Delicious shahi paneer is ready, garnish it with fresh coriander and serve it hot with naan, paratha or rice.