Rajma Masala is a famous recipe in North India and is in massive demand in restaurants in India. Rajma Masala is one of the favorite Punjabi delicacies served in festive or on any important occasion.
Rajma is made in thick gravy consisting of onion, tomato, and some Hot Indian Spices. Rajma can be prepared in oil or ghee as per one’s taste.
Rajma is served with hot steamy rice and also goes well with naan or paratha.
Rajma also known as Red Kidney Beans are originally found in Mexico. Later it became popular in the Indian subcontinent. Some varieties of Rajma like Red Kidney Beans(Dark red), Chitra Rajma(Shading of red color), Kashmiri Rajma( Smaller in size and dark red color) are found in India.
Please stay connected with us on our other social network platforms to get updates of new tasty and delicious recipes.
Let us have a look at Rajma Masala made in thick gravy.
Let Us Have A Look At Ingredients Of Rajma Masala Recipe:
- 2 cups — Kidney Beans (Rajma)
- 2 Table Spoon — Olive Oil (Or any oil, as per preference)
- 1 Tea Spoon — Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2 Pcs Small Size — Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 1 Pcs Small Size — Dry Red Chili (Sukhi Lal Mirch)
- 1 Pcs Small Size — Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 4 to 5 Pcs — Whole Black Pepper (Khadi Kali Mirch)
- 2 Cloves (Finely Chopped) — Garlic (Lehsun)
- 1 Table Spoon (Finely Chopped) — Ginger (Adrak)
- 1 Medium Size (Finely Chopped) — Onions (Pyaz)
- 2 Pcs (Finely Chopped) — Green Chili (Hari Mirch)
- 1/4 Tea Spoon — Asafetida (Hing)
- 1 Tea Spoon — Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 Tea Spoon– Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tea Spoon — Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 Tea Spoon — Garam Masala
- 1 Tea Spoon — Dry Mango Masala (Amchur)
- 4 to 5 Small Size – Grind to Fine Puree — Tomato
- Salt to taste
Let Us Have A Look At Step To Step Procedure of Rajma Masala Recipe:
- Take 2 cups of kidney beans. Let it soak for a night.
- Boil the soaked kidney beans. Keep it aside.
- Take a flat bottom pan. Add two tablespoon of olive oil(or any oil as per your preference). Let the oil get hot.
- Add one teaspoon of cumin seeds. Sauté it for a minute to crackle. Add two small size pcs of bay leaf; one small size dry red chili, one small size cinnamon stick, 4 to 5 pcs of whole black pepper. Sauté it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add two finely chopped cloves of garlic, one medium size finely chopped onion. Sauté it for 3 to 4 minutes . Close the lid and let it cook till the onion gets translucent. Stir occasionally.
- Open the lid. Add one tablespoon of finely chopped ginger, two pcs of finely chopped green chili. Mix well and let it sauté for 2 minutes. Cover the lid and let it cook for other 4 to 5 minutes. Check the onions; it should be translucent.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of asafetida. Mix well. Add one teaspoon of turmeric, one spoon of red chili powder, one teaspoon of coriander powder, one teaspoon of garam masala powder, one teaspoon of dry mango powder. Mix well. Add tomato puree and sauté it for a minute.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes with the closed lid & till the oil oozes out. It will reduce the raw flavor of the tomato.
- Open the lid. Add boiled kidney beans to perfectly cooked onion mixture. Mix well and add the remaining water in which we have boiled kidney beans. Mix well. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes with the closed lid or when it gets boiled to get a boil.
- Open the lid. Delicious Rajma Masala is ready to serve. Garnish Rajma Masala with some coriander leaves and some ginger Julian. Serve Rajma Masala with hot Naan or steamy hot rice.