Paneer Jalfrezi is another dish which can be added to the list of Paneer recipes loved for its hot and spiciness in many parts of the world. Paneer Jalfrezi is a dish belonging to the Jalfrezi cuisine of Indian sub-continent cooked very easily and quickly. Paneer Jalfrezi is served as main course dish with Paratha, Naan, or Roti at lunch or dinner.
Jalfrezi is a cuisine developed in Indian sub-continent in the state of Bengal in British India. The name has a meaning of its own as Jal came from the Bengali word ‘Jhal’ means spicy food and frezi is actually ‘Perhezi’ means ‘suitable for diet’ in Persian.
The dish is invented by using the leftovers of another vegetable, cottage cheese, chicken, and meat dishes. The leftover pieces of these dishes were fried and mixed to a hot and spicy curry with green chili as an important ingredient. To balance the hot and spiciness of dish; adding cream or yogurt is an escape.
Let us get to the hot and spicy recipe of Paneer Jalfrezi with a detailed ingredient list and step to step recipe. Keep cooking & stay happy!
Let Us Make A List Of All Ingredients Required To Make Tasty Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe:
- 200 Gram Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil (Any Preferred Oil)
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 To 2 Dry Red Chili (Sukhi Lal Mirch)
- 1 Medium Sized Onion (Pyaz)
- ½ Bell Pepper (Shimla Mirch)
- 1 Medium Sized Tomato (Tamatar)
- 2 To 3 Finely Chopped Green Chili (Hari Mirch)
- 1 Inch Ginger (Adrak)
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhaniya)
- Salt To Taste
Let Us Have A Looks At The Steps Involved In The Making Of Tasty Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe:
- Take a skillet pan; add 2 tbsp of cooking oil (any preferred cooking oil) and let it get hot to add one tsp of cumin seeds and one to two dry red chilis. Sauté it for a minute.
- Add one medium sized onion chopped into strips, ½ bell pepper cut in strips, and one medium-sized tomato cut in strips without seeds. Sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add one to two finely chopped green chili, 1-inch ginger cut in small pieces, and one tbsp of vinegar. Sauté it for a minute.
- Add one tsp of red chili powder, ¼ tsp of turmeric, and ½ tsp of Garam Masala; sauté it for a minute.
- Add two tbsp of tomato ketchup; mix well.
- Add 200 grams of cottage cheese cut in long strips; mix gently so that the cottage cheese strips should break.
- Add one tsp of dry fenugreek leaves by crushing them between palms and also add some finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and add some salt to taste; again mix well gently.
- Tasty Paneer Jalfrezi is ready to serve with some garnishing of coriander leaves. Bon Appétit!