Bhurji or Khagina is a very famous recipe cooked in the Indian subcontinent as breakfast or as the side dish with lunch or dinner. Bhurji is a very easy and instant recipe made with eggs generally, but there is a recipe of Bhurji which can be munched on by vegetarians too with the same enjoyment and feel and that is Paneer Bhurji.
Paneer Bhurji is made in the same way as egg Bhurji only the difference is eggs are replaced with the scrambled cottage cheese. Paneer Bhurji is also an easy to make, the instant recipe for Tiffin, breakfast and lunch or dinner.
Paneer Bhurji gives you a creamy feel and smooth texture and spiciness with all the added spices with sautéed onion, tomato. I have added green peas for the added flavors, look, and nutrition as green peas are rich in dietary fibers, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
Paneer Bhurji is a perfect dish to make for children’s school Tiffin’s as cottage cheese is a rich source of protein with a right amount of calcium; both of which are essential nutrients in growing age.
There are many varieties of cottage cheese recipes which I have mentioned in my blog; you can find many of them in Paneer Recipes section. For now let us make creamy, delicious, and spicy Paneer Burji recipe.
Let Us Make A Detailed List Of All The Ingredients Required For Paneer Bhurji Recipe:
- 1 ½ Cup Scrambled Cottage Cheese (Kaddukash Paneer)
- Green Peas (Matar)
- 1 ½ Tbsp Oil (Any Preferred Cooking Oil)
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- ¼ Tsp Asafetida (Hing)
- 1 To 2 Finely Chopped Green Chilies (Barik Kati Hari Mirch)
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Onion (Barik Kata Pyaz)
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomato (Kata Hua Tamatar)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun Paste)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
- Coriander Leaves
- Salt To Taste
Let Us See The Steps Involved In Making Delicious Paneer Bhurji Recipe:
- Take a skillet pan and add 1 ½ tbsp of any preferred cooking oil; let it get hot and add one tsp of cumin seeds. Sauté it for a minute to get it crackled.
- Add ¼ tsp of asafetida and sauté it for 30 seconds; add one to two finely chopped green chilies and sauté it for another 30 seconds.
- Add one cup finely chopped onion; sauté it for 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame till the onion turns translucent.
- Add one cup of chopped tomato; mix it and add one tbsp of ginger garlic paste. Sauté it for 30 seconds.
- Add one tsp red chili powder, one tsp coriander powder, one tsp of turmeric powder, one tsp of cumin powder, and some salt to taste. Sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add one cup of green peas and 1 ½ cup of scrambled cottage cheese; sauté it gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add one tsp of Garam Masala and one tbsp of dry fenugreek leaves by crushing it between the palms. Mix it gently. Add some coriander leaves and mix it again.
- Tasty, delicious Paneer Bhurji is ready to serve with some hot Naan, Paratha, or Butter Roti. Paneer bhurji can also be enjoyed as a side dish with the meal. You can garnish it with some coriander leaves sprinkled before serving.
- Bon Appétit!