Paneer is the love of people living in Indian sub-continent cooked almost in every household with varied flavors and in varied cuisines. Paneer i.e. Cottage cheese is not only used to make curries but also used in making sweet dishes. Cottage cheese is also a nice complementary option which can be added to any vegetable curry. Let us have a look at the paneer bhuna masala recipe.
Cottage cheese does not only satiate our taste buds but also is a rich source of dietary protein and calcium. Cottage cheese is very helpful for the children in growing age; also for new mummy as her body requires calcium in large amount.
Keeping the things in mind, I have dedicated a separate column to the cottage cheese recipes. Paneer Bhuna Masala is one of them; easy to cook without using any excess oil. Let us check out the exciting recipe of Paneer Bhuna Masala in a detailed manner. Always cook healthy & stay fit!
Let Us Make A List Of All Ingredients Required To Make Delicious Paneer Bhuna Masala:
- 200 Grams Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- 2 Tbsp Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)
- 2 Tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder(Lal Mirch Powder)
- 2 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Powder(Adrak-Lehsun Paste)
- 2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Tbsp Mustard Oil (Sarso Ka Tel)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (Nimbu Ras)
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil (Any Preferred Oil)
- 1 To 2 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 1 Small Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 6 To 7 Whole Black Pepper (Khadi Kali Mirch)
- 1 To 2 Black Cardamom (Badi Eliachi)
- 1 Large Chopped Onion (Pyaz)
- 2 Tbsp Yogurt (Dahi)
- Salt To Taste
Let Us Have A Look At The Mild Spicy Delicious Paneer Bhuna Masala Recipe:
- Take a medium sized bowl; add one tsp black pepper powder, one tsp turmeric powder, two tbsp cumin powder, two tsp coriander powder, and one tsp red chili powder.
- Also add two tbsp ginger-garlic paste, two tsp garam masala, some salt to taste, two tbsp mustard oil, and two tbsp lemon juice.
- Mix well all the ingredients and add 200 grams of cottage cheese to it; coat the spices on the cottage cheese cube evenly. Let the cottage cheese get marinated for 10 minutes.
- Put a skillet pan on the stove and add two tbsp of oil; let the oil gets hot then add one to two bay leaves, one small cinnamon stick, six to seven whole black peppers, and one to two black cardamom. Sauté it for half a minute.
- Add one large sized chopped onion; sauté the onion until it turns golden brown.
- Once onion turns golden brown; add the marinated cottage cheese and mix well on low flame. Continue cooking on the low flame and add two tbsp of yogurt which will balance the spices. Mix well gently and simmer it for 2 to 3 minutes with closed lid.
- Put off the stove and the delicious Paneer Bhuna Masala is ready to serve with some garnishing of fresh chopped coriander leaves. Paneer Bhuna Masala tastes great with some hot Naan, Paratha, Kulcha, or Roti also can be served as side dish. Bon Appétit!