Kadai Paneer is most loving paneer cuisine in Indian restaurants or any reception. Kadai Paneer tastes good with naan, roti or paratha. Kadai Paneer and Jeera Rice is also a good combination.
Paneer is South Asian food rich in protein. Panner is cooked in many varieties in the Indian subcontinent. Paneer is cooked with a mixture of Indian hot spices.
Let us check out the procedure to cook Delicious Kadai Paneer:
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds (Shahi Jeera)
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds (Dhaniya Dana)
- 5 to 6 Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds (Souf)
- 5 to 6 Cardamom (Chhoti Elaychi)
- 4 to 5 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Dry Red Chili (Khadi Lal Mirch)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil (any as per preference)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Large Onion (Pyaz)
- 3 to 4 Small Tomatoes (Lal Tamatar)
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste (Adrak-Lahsun Paste) –
- 2 to 3 Green Chili (Hari Mirch)
- 5 to 6 Baby Onions (Chhote Pyaz)
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper (Shimla Mirch)
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream (Optional)
- 200 gram Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) –
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup Water
Let’s see the step by step procedure of Delicious Kadai Paneer Recipe:
Dry Masala Preparation
- Take a shallow bottom pan. Add one tablespoon of cumin seeds(Shahi Jeera), one tablespoon of coriander seeds, 5 to 6 black pepper, one tablespoon of fennel seeds, 5 to 6 green cardamom, 4 to 5 cloves, two dry red chilies.
- All the spices should be roasted into the low flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Deseed cardamom.
- Grind all roasted spices and keep it aside.
Preparation Of The Gravy
- Put a skillet pan on the stove. Add one tablespoon of oil(and as per preference) let it become ho. Add one large roughly chopped onion. Sauté for 5 to 6 minutes until onion becomes golden brown.
- Add 3 to 4 small chopped tomatoes. Sauté for another 5 to 6 minutes. Add ground dry roasted ground masala. Mix well.
- All the ingredients should be made into a fine paste.
- Take a flat bottom pan. Add one tablespoon of butter. Add one teaspoon of olive oil. It will save butter from burning. Let it get hot.
- Add one tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste. Sauté for a minute. Add 2 to 3 green chilies cut in half, 5 to 6 baby onions cut in half. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add square cut bell pepper. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add ground paste. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water. Mix and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of heavy cream. You can skip if not required. Mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cottage cheese cut in cubes. Mix gently.
- Add salt to taste. Add one tablespoon of dried fenugreek leaves. Mix well.
- Delicious Kadai Paneer is ready to serve. Serve it with some hot naan, paratha or roti. Jeera rice and Kadai Paneer also go well together.