Hariyali Kebab is prepared with chicken meat, and marination made up in yogurt base with green spices like green chili and coriander leaves to give it a green color. Hariyali Kebab is roasted on tandoor, but we will bake it in the microwave.
Kebab is a South Asian meat delicacy made by roasting meat pieces on fire coal. A large variety of kabab is cooked in South Asian countries mainly in India and the Middle East.
Shami Kebab, Galawati Kebab, Dahi Kebab, Shik Kabab, Achari Tikka, Hariyali Kebab and much more are served in Northern part of India. Vegetarians are served with a variety of kabab made of paneer and potato.
Ingredients Required To Make Delicious Hariyali Kebab:
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1 Tsp White Pepper Powder (Safed Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder (Elyachi Powder)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste (Adrak-Lehsun Paste)
- ¼ Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- ¼ Cup Cashew Paste (Kaju Paste)
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- ⅓ Tsp Nutmeg Powder (Jayphal Powder)
- 1 Tbsp Corn Flour (Make Ka Atta)
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil (Or Any Preferred Oil)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhaniya)
- Green Chili (Hari Mirch)
- Salt To Taste
Following Are The Quick Steps To Make Hariyali Kebab Recipe:
- Take some washed fresh coriander leaves and 2 to 3 green chilies; make a fine paste out of it. Keep it aside.
- Take a bowl; add one tsp of white pepper powder (available at grocery stores), one tsp of cardamom powder, one tbsp of ginger-garlic paste, and some salt to taste. Mix all ingredients well.
- Add roughly chopped chicken breast pieces to it. Mix the chicken pieces with the spices paste well to make sure if the spices are evenly coated on each chicken piece. Let it marinate for an hour so that the spices soak into chicken properly to give a lovely fragrance of ginger and garlic.
- Take another bowl; add ¼ cup of fresh yogurt, ¼ cup of freshly ground cashew paste, ¼ cup heavy cream, and some salt to taste. Also add ¼ cup of coriander-green chili paste, ⅓ tsp of nutmeg powder, one tbsp of corn flour. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add marinated chicken pieces, mix well and add one tsp of olive oil (or any preferred oil), mix it thoroughly. Cover it with a plastic wrap and keep it to marinate for at least 6 to 8 hours.
- After eight hours of marinating, open the plastic wrap of bowl; mix it once again and thread the chicken onto skewers one by one.
- Bake the skewed chicken at 375⁰ F for 30 minutes.
- Take out the chicken skewers after 30 minutes of baking, and you will get a spicy, delectable Hariyali Kebab ready to serve with some green chutney and a slice of lime.
- Bon Appétit!