Gobhi Keema is one of the recipes of gobhi (Cauliflower) made with finely chopped cauliflower and some green peas and a pinch of garam masala. Gobbi keema is the main course recipe, but you can fit gobhi keema between two bread slices and make a tasty, crispy sandwich if your lad is lazy eating veggies.
Cauliflower was introduced in India some 150 years ago by British. Not so ancient to Indian but people adopted cauliflower as their own. You will find cauliflower to be used in many ways like making some veggie, putting in pulav, soup and what not. So why to wait to make delicious Gobhi keema. Let’s have a look for the recipe.
Let’s make a list of ingredients required for delicious Gobhi Keema Recipe:
- Cauliflower (Gobi) – 2 Cups
- Green Peas (Matar) – 1 Cup
- Olive Oil (or any preferred oil) – 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds (Rai) – 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chili (Hari Mirch) – 2 to 3
- Ginger (Adrak)
- Onion (Pyaz) – 1 Large
- Tomato (Lal Tamatar) – 2 to 3 Small
- Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder) – 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder) – 1 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt to taste
Let’s have a look at the stepwise method to make Gobhi Keema:
- Take a shallow bottom pan. Add one teaspoon of olive oil (or any preferred oil). After the oil gets hot, add one teaspoon of cumin seeds, one teaspoon of mustard seeds. Sauté it for 1 minute. Let it crackle.
- Add 2 to 3 finely chopped green chilies, some finely chopped ginger. Sauté it well.
- Add one large, roughly chopped onion. Sauté it for 3 to 4 minutes. Add 3 to 4 small, roughly chopped tomatoes. Sauté it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add one teaspoon of red chili powder, one teaspoon of coriander powder, one teaspoon of garam masala powder. Mix and sauté it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of green peas. Mix well. Add 2 cups of roughly chopped cauliflower. Mix it well. Add some salt to taste. Mix salt well.
- Close the lid and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir occasionally to save veggies from burning.
- Open the lid. Garnish it with some cilantro leaves.
- Tasty, healthy Gobhi Keema is ready to serve. You can serve Gobhi keema with roti, naan, paratha or hot puri.