Dry Chicken Manchurian is an excellent option as the starter for the late night dinners; it is tasty and healthy chicken dish made in the sauce of onion, capsicum, and garlic. This Chicken Manchurian will make your guest praise you for its restaurant style look and taste.
Manchurian dishes are Indo-Chinese dishes made by Chinese migrants in Kolkata part of India; the dishes resemble the Manchu cuisine of China. Manchurian is a dish which is made with chicken, prawn, fish, mutton, vegetables, and cottage cheese in the gravy of garlic, ginger, onion, and soy sauce as main ingredients.
Cornstarch is added to gravy for giving thickness to the gravy also gives a sticky texture. This Chicken Manchurian recipe has dry gravy with medium sized crispy chicken pieces. Capsicum cubes provide crunchiness to the dish also adds flavor.
Chicken Manchurian is very easy to cook at home for children to cover their protein requirement as a chicken is a very rich source of dietary protein. Children will gulp the chicken without any complaints as the flavor is Chinese, and children are the great fan of Chinese dishes nowadays.
Chicken Manchurian tastes great when served hot with some green chutney or ketchup. If you are a vegetarian, then you can replace chicken with cottage cheese cubes or cauliflower pieces. The cooking technique will be the same for chucks and gravy.
To make Chicken Manchurian, the chicken pieces should be boneless. You can use fresh chicken also frozen chicken can be used with proper preparation. Generally, I do not add capsicum seeds to the gravy; I add the capsicum skin cut in cubes for its subtle flavor and a veggie crunch. Green onions are great taste enhancer also it is used to garnish the recipe for its deep green color and taste.
The chicken Manchurian base can be used to make Chicken Manchurian noodles; for that, the noodles are cooked by boiling in water and added to the chicken Manchurian gravy to make a delicious noodles dish.
Let us see how this tasty and delicious restaurant style Chicken Manchurian is cooked with a handful of ingredients. The recipe takes about 45 minutes for its preparation and cooking; within an hour you can serve your loved ones with a delicious restaurant style but the homemade dish.
For such amazing Indo-Chinese recipe keep watching videos on my YouTube channel with the same name.
Let Us Make A List Of Ingredients Required To Make Restaurant Style Chicken Manchurian:
- 500 Grams Chicken
- ½ Cup Corn Starch
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 2 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste (Adrak Lehsun Paste)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (Or Any Oil As Per Preference)
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic (Kata Hua Lehsun)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Green Onion (Barik Kata Hua Vasant Pyaz)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Red Onion (Barik Kata Hua Pyaz)
- 2 To 3 Green Chilies (Hari Mirch)
- 6 To 7 Pieces Of Capsicum Cubes (Moti Kati Shimla Mirch)
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Sauce
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- 2 To 3 Tbsp Corn Starch Paste
- Oil For Frying (Any Oil As Per Preference)
- Drinking Water
- Salt To Taste
Let Us Follow The Below Mentioned Steps To Make Restaurant Style Chicken Manchurian:
- Take a bowl and add ½ cup of cornstarch, one tsp of black pepper powder, one tsp of red chili powder, salt to taste, two tsp of soy sauce, one tbsp ginger-garlic paste, and the half cup of water. Wisk the ingredients into a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Add 500 grams of fresh medium sized chicken cubes to the batter made of cornstarch; mix well so that the chicken cubes get coated with batter nicely. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Take a frying pan; pour some oil to deep fry the chicken pieces dipped in batter. Once oil gets hot; keep the flame on medium so that the chicken pieces should not burn and also can get cooked thoroughly.
- Once oil gets hot; add the chicken pieces to the oil and fry nicely till the chicken pieces turn golden brown and it should get crispy. Take out all the chicken pieces and cut them in small pieces.
- Take a new skillet pan and add one tbsp of olive oil; once it gets hot add 1 tbsp of finely chopped garlic. Sauté it for a minute.
- Add ¼ cup of finely chopped green onions, ¼ cup of finely chopped red onions, and two to three green chilies which are cut in half. Sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add six to seven cubes of capsicum of around 1 inch each; sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add two tbsp of vinegar, two tbsp of soy sauce, one tbsp of red chili sauce, ½ tsp of black pepper powder, and some salt to taste. Mix well and add two to three tbsp of cornstarch paste; again mix well. You can add some water as per the requirement if the sauce is getting much thick.
- Add chopped chicken pieces and mix well; you will get the perfect texture Chicken Manchurian. Add some finely chopped green onions and mix well.
- Your tasty, crispy restaurant style Chicken Manchurian is ready to serve with the garnishing of some chopped green onions. Chicken Manchurian is a nice choice for a starter on late night parties and dinners.
- Bon Appétit!