Let us see how to make Dates Ladoo or Dry fruit Ladoo. The warmness in the dates helps to keep the body warm during winter season. No sugar is used to make this recipe, the sweetness of khajoor makes the ladoo sugar free. Dates ladoo does not require edible gum as a binding agent as the crushed dates itself provide food binding.
Winter is a season when one can treat oneself with some heavy, buttery food like Dry fruit ladoo, Methi ladoo, Edible gum ladoo or Halwa & parathas made in clarified butter. The calories and fats from such food are useful for our body on chilly days. Such food intake helps to keep skin moisturized and soft also gives proper lubrication to joints.
Dates are rich in dietary potassium also provide protein and fiber. Added almond is an excellent source of Vitamin B, and Vitamin E. Walnut and cashew nuts are good sources of fats and dietary minerals respectively.
Origin of dates occurred in the Middle East and was a staple food of this region. Dates gain importance all over the world as food as well as victory symbol for Romans and also can be seen in carved in Jewish temples. Later it spread over Africa, Mexico, Spain, almost every corner of the world.
Enough for the history and geography of dates. Now let us check out how these delicious Dates Ladoos are made.
Let Us Have A Look At Dates Ladoo Recipe:
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 1 Tea Spoon
- Almonds (Badam) – 1/2 Cup
- Walnuts (Ahrod) – 1/2 Cup
- Cashew Nut (Kaju) – 1/2 Cup
- Dates (Khajur) – 1 Cup – Seedless
- Coconut Powder (Nariyal Kaddukash) – To coat ladoo
- Sliced Almonds – To Garnish
Get To Know The Step By Step Procedure To Make Dates Ladoo:
- Take a flat pan and add one teaspoon of clarified butter, let it melt.
- Add 1/2 cup of almonds, 1/2 cup of walnuts, 1/2 cup of cashew nuts and roast for 4 to 5 minutes till the dry fruits get crunchy. Keep aside.
- Take 1 cup of seedless dates in a grinder pot and grind them in a thick paste.
- Grind the roasted dry fruits in fine powder and pour it into a bowl.
- Add ground dates to the powder and mix well with hand.
- Make small balls of the mixture.
- Take some coconut powder and coat the small balls with it.
- Garnish the dates ladoo with a slice of almond, and tasty dates ladoos are ready to serve.
Video Recipe For The Dates Ladooo