Today I am going to make a dahi sandwich which contains yogurt as a binding agent for vegetables. Yogurt is an excellent source of vitamin B12 and riboflavin with a moderate content of dietary minerals like phosphorus and selenium.
The sandwich is the recipe which can be cooked very quickly and easily on a busy day for breakfast or afternoon snack. A sandwich can be made with a verity of vegetables, cheese, and stuffing even meat can be sandwiched between the layers of fresh white bread, brown bread or buns.
In this recipe, cheese is not used as it is replaced with creamy, fresh yogurt; which gives the sandwich its unique flavor and richness. I have used regular yogurt, but you can make the dish with hung curd too.
Let us get a look at the ingredients and procedure to make tasty, crispy, and healthy Dahi Sandwich.
Let Us Make A Quick List Of Essential Ingredients Which Will Be Required For Dahi Sandwich Recipe:
- ½ Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- Bread Slices
- ¼ Cup Grated Carrot (Kaddukash Gajar)
- ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Onion (Barik Kata Pyaz)
- ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Green Pepper (Barik Kati Hari Shimla Mirch)
- ¼ Cup Boiled Corn (Ubala Hua Maka)
- ½ Tsp Finely Chopped Ginger (Barik Kata Adrak)
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- Salt To Taste
Below Mentioned Easy Cooking Steps Will Help Us To Make Easy and Crispy Dahi Sandwich:
- Take a bowl and add ½ cup of fresh yogurt, ¼ cup of grated carrot, ¼ cup of finely chopped onion, and ¼ cup of finely chopped green pepper.
- For more twist add ¼ cup of boiled corn; also add ½ tsp of finely chopped ginger, ¼ tsp black pepper powder, and salt to taste. Followed by mixing the ingredients well to make the stuffing for the sandwich.
- Take a slice of bread; put the stuffing on it and spread evenly. Cover the stuffing with another slice and spread butter on the top surface of the bread.
- Take a skillet pan or any flat bottom pan to toast the sandwich nicely by placing the butter side of the sandwich down. Before flipping the sandwich press, it gently to get bread slices to stick together and spread some butter on the top side.
- Flip the sandwich and let it toast for some time to get a golden brown tint and crispy texture.
- Tasty, crispy, and creamy Dahi sandwich is ready to serve with some tomato ketchup, or chili sauce or green chutney for breakfast or teatime snack. For the professional touch, you can cut the sandwich in mid or diagonally and plate it in order with a bowl of green chutney. Bon Appétit!