Today we will see how to make little tangy, creamy Dahi Bhindi or Dahi Okra. Dahi or curd mixed with some spices gives the smooth, rich texture to the gravy and also get filled with okra pieces to make okra more delicious. Dahi Bhindi goes well with naan, paratha or chapati and tastes good with Jeera Rice.
Bhindi or Okra is very quick and easy to make the vegetable. Okra is loved and made in every part of India and Indian Subcontinent.
There are many varieties of Okra recipe such as Okra Masala, Stuffed Okra, Fried Okra, Grilled Okra or even some people like to include okra pickle in the diet. Okra is very useful to provide dietary fiber and an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
You can add any vegetable to curd gravy in place of okra and make tasty gravy vegetable. You can also check for other Okra recipes on our website.
Let Us Have A Look At The Ingredients Of Dahi Bhindi Recipe:
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Okra (Bhindi)
- 3/4 Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- 1 tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder or (as per your taste Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- One tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- One tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- One tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)
- 3 to 4 Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste (Adrak-Lehsun Paste)
- 2 to 3 Green Chili (Hari Mirch)
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
Let Us Have A Look At Step Step Procedure To Make Dahi Bhindi Recipe:
- Take a shallow bottom pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil (Or any preferred oil), let the oil gets hot.
- Add 3 cups of chopped (approximate size 1 inch) Okra, stir for 2 to 3 minutes and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Take a bowl, add 3/4 cup of yogurt, 1 tbsp of gram flour, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp of red chili powder, 1/2 tsp of garam masala and mix well. Add 2 tbsp of water, mix water with yogurt properly till it becomes the smooth paste.
- Heat a skillet pan and add 1 tbsp of olive oil (Or any preferred oil), let it get hot.
- When the oil gets hot, add one tsp of mustard seeds, one tsp of cumin seeds, one tsp of fenugreek seeds, let it crackle.
- Add 3 to 4 curry leaves, 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste, sauté it for a minute and add 3 to 4 finely chopped green chilies, 1/4 tsp of asafetida, sauté it for a minute.
- Add the yogurt mixture and sauté it for 2 minutes, let the oil oozes out and add 1/2 cup of water, salt to taste. Mix it.
- Add simmered okra to yogurt, mix well and close the lid. Let it simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes on low flame.
- Open the lid, perfectly cooked delectable Dahi Okra is ready to serve; garnish it with some roughly chopped cilantro leaves.