Cucumber Raita is a side dish served with meals is a combination of grated cucumber with the base of fresh yogurt. Any cucumber like Himangi cucumber, snake cucumber, Dosakkai or Poona Kheera can be used to make this Raita. Cucumber Raita is a quick recipe which will require only a few minutes to make.
Cucumber is a natural coolant food for the body to beat the heat during summer days. Cucumber contains 95% of water and no fats which makes it a pickup food on sunny days. Cucumber is consumed by making pickles, salad, sandwich, cucumber chilled soup, cucumber Pakora and also Cucumber Raita.
Cucumber Raita is served with Sabzi-Roti, and also a good compliment dish served with Veg and Non-Veg Biryani. Cucumber Raita is also served as the sauce along with potato or banana chips.
We are using very few ingredients to make fresh Cucumber Raita. You can search for more Raita recipes in our Yogurt recipe column.
You Will Require Following Ingredients To Make Healthy Cucumber Raita, Please Have A Look:
- 1 Small Sized Fresh Cucumber (Kakari)
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- Some Roasted Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)
- Salt To Taste
- Finely Chopped Cilantro To Garnish
Below Mentioned Are The Quick Steps To Make Cucumber Raita Recipe:
- Take a small sized cucumber, peel the skin and grate it on a plate; squeeze water from the grated cucumber by pressing it in hand. Keep it aside.
- Take a bowl; add one cup of fresh yogurt, whisk it to get a smooth consistency.
- Add ¼ cup of water, combine water with yogurt to get an even consistency.
- Add grated, dewatered cucumber to the yogurt, mix well.
- Add some salt to taste, one tsp of red chili powder, and one tsp of black pepper powder; mix well.
- Sprinkle a pinch of roasted cumin powder, a pinch of red chili powder and some finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
- Healthy, smooth, cool Cucumber Raita is ready to serve with Veg-Biryani, Chicken or Meat Biryani or with some Sabzi and Roti. Bon Appétit!