Chicken Tikka or Tandoori Chicken is very famous recipe served in the Indian subcontinent, especially in the northern regions of India. It is a kind of tandoor recipe made with boneless chicken. It is cooked in electronic ovens or clay oven used in the Indian subcontinent, but the conventional method to cook the recipe is on wood or coal fire.
Chicken tikka is a very spicy, delicious and smoky recipe because of its marination and cooking style. Marination is the most important aspect of tikka, roasted and tandoor, appropriately done then it will be a heavenly delicious experience. The coats of butter or ghee while roasting the tikkas will always grow the flavors.
Chicken Tikka can be served as an appetizer. You can always enjoy it with some chutneys or sauces, and you can still roll it in roti or paratha.
Let Us Look At The Ingredients Quickly Required For Chicken Tikka Recipe:
- 3 Pcs (Roughly chopped) Chicken Breast
- 3 Table Spoon Ginger-garlic Paste (Adrak-Lehsun Paste)
- 3 Table Spoon Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 3 Table Spoon Lemon Juice (Nimbu Ras)
- 2 Table Spoon Olive Oil (Or any oil as per preference)
- 1 Tea Spoon Carom Seed (Ajwain)
- 2 Table Spoon Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- 2 Table Spoon Garam Masala
- 1 Table Spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Table Spoon Mustard Oil (Rai Tel)
- Salt to taste
Now Let Us Have See How To Make Savoury Chicken Tikka Recipe:
- Take a bowl, add roughly chopped three chicken breasts, two tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste, two tablespoons of red chili powder, salt to taste, three tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix well.
- Marinate at least 1 hour.
- Take a skillet pan and add two tablespoons of olive oil, one teaspoon of carom seeds, two tablespoons of gram flour. Roast it for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame. Gram flour should not get burnt.
- Take 1 cup of plain yogurt in a bowl and add roasted gram four in the yogurt. Mix well.
- Add one tablespoon of red chili powder, one tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste, one tablespoon of garam masala, one tablespoon of turmeric. Mix well.
- Add one tablespoon of mustard oil, mix well and add it to marinated chicken breasts. Mix well.
- Cover the chicken, keep it aside and let it get marinated overnight.
- Take a baking tray and brush oil.
- Add the marinated chicken to the skewers.
- Bake the chicken at 3750 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Perfectly cooked delicious Chicken Tikka is ready to serve with any sauce or chutney.