Chicken Karahi is one of the most demanded chicken dishes at restaurants in North India and subcontinent by chicken lovers. Chicken Karahi is a very simple chicken recipe so newbies at cooking can impress their loved ones with cooking Chicken Karahi recipe.
Chicken Karahi is cooked in the gravy of onion, tomato and sometimes capsicum without adding water. All ingredients are prepared in the moisture of chicken, so the gravy or sauce has a great aroma of all spices and chicken.
Very little oil is used to cook the Chicken Karahi, so it is good to serve people trying to control calorie intake. So let us get the recipe now.
Let Us Make A List Of All The Ingredients required for Chicken Karahi Recipe:
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Coriander Seeds (Dhaniya Dane)
- 1 Large Onion (Pyaz)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes (Tamatar)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Flakes (Dardari Lal Mirch)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lehsun Paste)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (Or any preferred Oil)
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- 1 Tbsp Roughly Chopped Green Chili (Hari Mirch)
- 8 to 10 Ginger Juliennes (Barik Kati Adrak Ki Kadiya)
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
Please Find Below Mentioned Step By Step Procedure To Make Chicken Karahi Recipe:
- Take a skillet pan; add one tsp of cumin seeds, one tsp of coriander seeds. Dry roast the seeds for 3 to 4 minutes on low flame and crush coarsely which we will use later. Keep it aside.
- Put the skillet pan on the stove again and add two roughly chopped chicken breasts, one large finely chopped onion, two medium finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add one tsp of turmeric powder, one tsp chili flakes, salt as per taste and one tbsp of ginger-garlic paste; mix it well with chicken, tomato, and onion. Let it simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Open the lid after giving a simmer of 10 minutes and add one tbsp of olive oil (or any preferred oil); mix it well.
- Add 1/4 cup of yogurt; combine yogurt with the gravy well and add one tbsp of roughly chopped green chili. Mix it well.
- Add 8 to 10 ginger juliennes, one tsp of black pepper powder, one tsp of red chili powder, one tsp of garam masala powder; mix well and
- Add two tbsp of ground spices made up of roasted cumin seeds and coriander seeds; mix it well. Let it simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Open the lid, and delicious Chicken Karahi is ready to serve. Garnish Chicken Karahi with fresh some chopped coriander leaves.