Bhindi Masala (Okra) is one of the most common Indian dishes and it is enjoyed mostly in every part of the country and worldwide. We can make several recipes of Okra however, today we are making Bhindi Masala. Bhindi Masala is a very popular recipe in Indian subcontinent and this recipe is mostly available in all Indian restaurants. It is becoming extremely popular in Indian restaurants in foreign countries. We have shown the step by step process of this recipe in the video below & recipe is as follows.
If you like the recipe, please provide your valuable reviews in the comment section. You can always be in touch with us to watch short and quick videos for a variety of food recipes. You can get timely updates on our upcoming recipes by following me on other social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. . Happy cooking!
Bhindi Masala ingredients :
Preparation Time : 5 Mins, Cook Time : 20 Mins (Approx)
- Bhindi Or Okra 250 gms
- Olive Oil 3 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chilies 4-5 (finely chopped)
- Dry Red Chili 1-2
- Garlic 2 Cloves (finely chopped)
- Ginger Julian 8-9
- Onion 1-2 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Garam Masala 1 Teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi 1 Tablespoon
- Salt to Taste.
- Fresh Coriander leaves to garnish.
Bhindi Masala Ingredients
- First Step is to wash & dry the Okra. Remove the cap & ends. Chop the Okra in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Now, take a flat bottom pan and add olive oil (or any cooking oil as per your preference) & cumin seeds. Let the cumin seeds crackle for half a minute.
- Add green chili (finely chopped), Dry Red chili & saute for a minute.
- Add finely chopped garlic, ginger julienne and saute for a minute.
- Now,add chopped onion and saute till it becomes translucent in color.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and mix it well.
- Add fresh chopped Okra (Bhindi) . Close the lid for a while. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Open the lid, add Garam masala, kasuri methi, salt as per taste and mix it well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes without closing the lid.
- Masala Okra(Bhindi) is ready. Garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Tasty masala Okra(Bhindi) is ready to serve. It goes well with roti, paratha or dal-chawal.
- Happy Cooking 🙂
Video Recipe For The Bhindi Masala
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more deliciousness.
Benefits of Okra
Okra is low in calorie. High in dietary fiber. It contains folic acid, Vitamin B,C & calcium.It also help manage blood sugar.