Till now we are sure you can resist to go in the kitchen and make some tasty, spicy recipe out of gram flour. We will be uploading all of these recipes in recent future till then we will present you a very easy and quick recipe of gram flour, Besan Ka Chilla also known as Gram Flour Pancake. So we are hoping you won’t resist yourself to look at the step by step recipe.
If you have gram flour at home, then you need not worry what to cook as there are many dishes made using gram flour such as pakoda, khaman dhokla, Aloo Wada, Mirchi Wada, khandvi, & Thepla.
Some sweet recipes like Besan ke laddu, Besan Barfi, Mysore Pak, Besan ki Kheer are also made using gram flour. Paneer, cheese or boiled eggs are dipped in gram flour paste after frying makes a delicious snack.
Let Us Quickly Check Out The Ingredients Of Besan Ka Chila Recipe:
- 1 Cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 3 to 4 Pieces Green Chili (Hari Mirch)
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper (Shimla Mirch)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onion (Pyaz)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Carrots (Gajar)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Cilantro (Hara Dhaniya)
- 1 Tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Oil (Any Oil as per Preference)
- Salt To Taste
Let Us Have A Look At Step Step Method To Make Besan Chila Recipe:
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup of gram flour, 3 to 4 finely chopped green chilies, 1/2 cup of chopped green bell pepper, 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion, half a cup of grated carrots, 1/2 cup of finely chopped cilantro, one tsp of carom seeds.
- Add some salt to taste; mix all veggies well with gram flour and add water as per requirement to make a thin flowing batter.
- While adding water; add a small portion of water and make a thick paste. Just keep in mind the paste should not have any lumps and then add more water till the batter becomes thin flowing, keep it mixing. This process will keep the batter free from lumps.
- Now add one tsp red chili powder, one tsp garam masala powder to the batter and mix well.
- Take a tawa and one tsp of oil (any preferred oil), brush it all over tawa; let it get semi-hot.
- Add some batter on oil brushed tawa and spread it in a shape of chilla; cook each side of chilla for 2 to 3 minutes each on low flame.
- While cooking, press corners of chilla gently so that it will cook evenly on all sides.
- Creasy, tasty Besan Ka Chilla is ready to serve with some tomato sauce or any chutney, or you can also serve it with some thick yogurt.
- Bon Appétit!
Video Recipe For The Besan Ka Chilla