Matar Paneer Recipe – Matar Paneer is a very popular North Indian recipe cooked widely at home and also famous at restaurants. Matar Paneer is a very simple recipe made with green peas and cottage cheese in a thick gravy of tomato and onion.
You can use fresh or frozen green peas to make Matar Paneer. If you wish, you can add some thick cream at the end of recipes to give it a creamy texture. Let us have a look at the delicious Matar Paneer Recipe.
Matar Paneer Recipe Video:
Recipe Card for Matar Paneer Recipe:
- 1 cup Green Peas (Matar Dane)
- 2 cups Cottage Cheese Cubes (Paneer Cubes)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil (Or any preferred oil)
- 1 piece Onion (Pyaz)
- 1 tbsp Finely Chopped Ginger (Adrak - Barik Kata Hua)
- 1 tbsp Finely Chopped Garlic (Lehsun - Barik Kata Hua)
- 3 - 4 pieces Green Chili (Hari Mirch)
- 3 - 4 pieces Cashew Nut (Kaju)
- 10 - 12 pieces Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 piece Cinnamon stick (Dalchini)
- 1 pieces Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Aamchoor)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
- 2 Water
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp Cilantro To Garnish (Hara Dhaniya)
Take a skillet pan; add 1 tbsp of olive oil (Or any preferred oil), let it get hot and add one large roughly chopped onion. Sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic, 3 to 4 finely chopped green chili; sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion turns golden brown.
Add 3 to 4 small roughly chopped tomatoes, sauté it for 3 to 4 minutes and close the lid; allow it to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Add 10 to 12 pieces of cashew nut; sauté for 2 minutes and transfer it to the grinder to make a fine paste.
Take another skillet pan; add 2 tbsp of olive oil (Or, any preferred oil), let it get hot and add one tsp of cumin seeds. Sauté it for a minute to crack the cumin seeds and add one stick of cinnamon, one piece of bay leaf; stir for half a minute.
Add one tsp of turmeric powder, one tsp of red chili powder; sauté it for 30 seconds and add the ground paste of tomato and onion. Stir it for 5 minutes.
Add 1 tbsp of coriander powder, 1 tbsp of garam masala powder, one tsp of dry mango powder, one tsp of sugar; mix well.
Add some salt to taste,2 cups of water blend it well and add 1 cup of green peas, 2 cups of cottage cheese cubes; mix gently. Close the lid and let it simmer for 7 to 8 minutes.
Open the lid; add 1 tbsp of dry fenugreek leaves; mix well.
Delicious Matar Paneer is ready to serve; garnish it with some cilantro leaves. Matar Paneer tastes good with hot naan, paratha or tandoori roti, also compatible with jeera rice or steamed rice.
Please like, share and subscribe to our YouTube channel to know more recipes, you can ask for any hints or tips writing in the comment section. Get updates on our upcoming delicious recipes by hitting like on our Facebook page and Twitter. You can also follow us on Instagram. All details are mentioned below. Stay happy with some delicious food!