Aloo Gobi Recipe – Aloo Gobi is simple, quick and healthy veg recipe popular in Indian subcontinent also known as Aloo Gobi Chokha in north India. As Aloo Gobi contains Potato (Aloo); rich in carbohydrates so it is better to include Aloo Gobi in morning meals which will give a boost of energy in crucial hours of the morning. Easy and quick cooking procedure of Aloo Gobi, makes it a good option for tiffin box for school or office.
Usually, kids are not so keen to have the Gobi as veg but you can make a twist by making Aloo Gobi Paratha rolls with Aloo Gobi stuffed in Paratha roasted in butter with a touch of tangy tomato sauce. Aloo Gobi goes well with Paratha, Roti or crispy hot Puri. Also tastes good with daal-chawal.
Aloo Gobi Recipe Video:
Recipe Card for Aloo Gobi Recipe:
- 2 pieces Chopped Potato (Aloo)
- 1 medium piece Cauliflower (Gobi,Florets removed and rinsed)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil (Or any preferred oil)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 4-5 pieces Whole Black Pepper (Khadi Kali Mirch)
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds (Dhaniya Dana)
- 2 pieces Chopped Green Chilli (Hari Mirch)
- 8-10 julienne Ginger (Adrak)
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste (Lasun Paste)
- 1 tsp Chopped Tomato (Lal Tamatar)
- 1 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder ( Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- Salt to taste
Take a shallow bottom pan; add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 4 to 5 whole black pepper, 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, 2 chopped green chili. Stir it.
Add 8 to 10 julienne ginger, 1 tablespoon of garlic paste. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add 1 chopped tomato. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon of red chili powder, 1 teaspoon of garam masala. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add 2 chopped potato. Mix it well.
Add 1 medium cauliflower (Florets removed and rinsed). Mix it well.
Close the lid and stir occasionally.
Open the lid. Add salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of Kasuri Methi. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves. Tasty, delicious Aloo Gobi is ready to serve with Paratha, Roti, Puri or Dal-Chawal.
Please follow us on our YouTube channel for the video of Aloo Gobi Recipe. You can also join us on our social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Please do visit our Food Stopper website for more tasty, yummy recipes. The details are as below: